Blog entry by emma emily
A computer network technician is an IT professional employed by a business entity to help with the creation, maintenance, and troubleshooting of present and future computer network hardware and software products, in support of business operations. A network technician is responsible for the setup, maintenance, and upgrading of networks and resources and prepares presentations for educating management about the need for upgrading network resources.
Computer network technicians perform physical and investigative processes including technical support. Usually, experienced IT technicians specialize in a single area such as information systems, data recovery, network management, or system administration.
A computer network technician needs to have the following abilities or knowledge:
- The ability to install, configure, operate, repair, maintain, troubleshoot, and diagnose PCs, servers, network hardware, network software, and other peripheral equipment.
- The ability to install, maintain, repair, and inspect network cabling and other hardware.
- The ability to quickly respond with solutions to malfunctions, while making sure that the designated computers and network equipments stay functional.
- Knowledge in troubleshooting, repairing, and problem-solving techniques.
- Knowledge in network control programs, network management, and network architecture.
Read more: freelance network engineer hourly rate