Blog entry by marie robert
All of us know the face-recognizing software owned by Google Photos, but the way it works is different than Facebook or any other applications. This feature helps in organizing the picture quickly and in a simple way. You need to name the people, and in return, Google Photos shall put the pictures in the right place. You might have heard the saying that ‘nothing is perfect in this world,’ and so does this. A few times it mixes the faces by mistake and put those pictures into the wrong place. To fix this up, you need to go through this blog properly.
Turning on face recognition into Google Photos
- Firstly, you need to install a VPN on the phone of yours. The VPN service can be any.
- Then, make an account.
- Next, connect to the net by a server based in the USA.
- After that, launch Google Photos on the smartphone.
- Then, visit the Settings option.
- After that, choose ‘Group Similar Faces’ for turning on the feature.
- Next, you need to disconnect from the VPN.
- Lastly, you need to change the ‘People’ album by faces of friends, parents as well as relatives of yours.
Troubleshooting mistakes done by face recognition
- Firstly, launch Google Photos on the PC.
- Then, launch the face group, which does not have the right pictures.
- After that, press the symbol having the three dots placed vertically on the upper side at the right-hand side corner.
- Next, choose ‘Remove results.’
- Then, choose the pictures which should not be placed on that group.
- Lastly, press the ‘Remove’ option. Note that it shall remove the pictures from there.
Rest of the tips for Face Recognition of Google Photos
Merge Face Group
- Firstly, put the name of one of the face groups.
- Then, put the name of the next group by the same name with the help of suggestions.
- Note that the time you shall be doing it, Google Photos shall prompt you whether you would like combining both the groups.
- Lastly, press the ‘Yes’ for combining both the group.
Deleting a ‘face group’ from search
- Firstly, press the dots that have been placed vertically located at the upper right-hand side corner.
- Then, press the ‘Show and Hide faces’ option.
- After that, press on the people whom you wish to be removed from the search bar.
- Lastly, tap on ‘Done’ as soon as you are over with it.
Changing feature of the pictures
- Firstly, launch Google Photos.
- Then, visit the ‘People’ folder.
- After that, select the ‘Change feature photo.’
- Next, select the new picture that you wish using.
- Lastly, you need to save the changes made by you.
Ava Williams is a Norton product expert and has been working in the technology industry since 2002. As a technical expert, Ava has written technical blogs, manuals, white papers, and reviews for many websites such as norton.com/setup.