Blog entry by jordan john
The web is filled with numerous streaming services, but several of them stand out from the crowd. Vudu is one such service as the streaming platform is one of the most used ones over the globe. Over the years, streaming services have taken over the entertainment industry, and reasonably so. Gone are the times when people had to wait for watching their favorite content. However, the services are not free of errors either, as you can encounter countless error codes on them as well. One such error in Vudu is Error 28, and here we will help you solve it.
Check for Open Ports
If you would like to check for open ports, then abide by the given steps.
- Hold the Win + I key at once on your keyboard to launch settings and select the ‘Update and Security’ option.
- You have to choose ‘Windows Security’ option within the left-hand side panel and select Firewall and Network Security.
- Choose ‘Advanced Settings’ within the list.
- Now, you will see a new screen, select ‘Inbound Rules’ and then choose ‘New Rule.’
- You have to choose the ‘Port’ option and select the Next option.
- Navigate to the ‘TCP’ and choose ‘Specified Local Ports.’
- You should type the pursuing Port Numbers using commas to divide them:
- Go to the Next and choose the ‘Allow the Connection’ option.
- Thereafter choose the Next option and ensure that all three choices are ticked.
- You should select the ‘Next’ option and type a ‘Name’ for the latest rule.
- Navigate to the ‘Next’ once you write a name and select the Finish button.
- Finally, redo the over procedure for ‘Outbound Rule’ and look for when the problem continues.
Modifying DNS Settings
If you wish to modify the DNS settings, then pursue the given instructions.
- Go to the Network button and right-click on it on the lower right-hand side.
- You have to select the ‘Open Network and Internet Settings.’
- When the prompts come, select the Change adapter options on the screen.
- Navigate to the network adapter, and right-click on it, then choose the Properties option.
- You should find the ‘Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4), show up it, and select the Properties option.
- Then choose the box of ‘Use the following DNS server addresses.’
- After that, enter 22.214.171.124 in the box of desired DNS Server and 126.96.36.199 into the box of ‘Alternate DNS Server.’
- you have to select the Apply button and then choose OK.
- Finally, open the Vudu and check whether the issue has been fixed or not.
John Smith is an avid technical blogger, a magazine contributor, a publisher of guides at mcafee.com/activate, and a professional cyber security analyst. Through her writing, she aims to educate people about the dangers and threats lurking in the digital world.