Blog entry by Billy Mark
Network Discovery is a networking software which lets you communicate among devices on the same Wi-Fi network. By using Network Discovery, you can easily send files to printers. But users have complained that they are facing a problem with the Network Discovery in Windows 10. If you are one of them, then follow the steps mentioned below.
Here’s how to fix Network Discovery error in Windows 10
• Ensure that certain services begin automatically
1. Go to the Run prompt box.
2. Use the Windows and R keys together provided on the system keyboard.
3. You need to click both the keys together.
4. Enter “services.msc” in a new checkbox without adding any quotation mark.
5. Press on the OK option.
6. It will launch the Services tool.
7. Additionally, click on the Control Panel.
8. You need to find it in the Start menu.
9. Find it through the Start menu search option.
10. Once you have opened the Control Panel, start changing the View by option.
11. It is located at the upper right-hand side of the menu.
12. Go down till you find the Administrative Tools.
13. After getting it, press on the Administrative Tools.
14. Find the Services shortcut located at the end of the display.
15. Press on the Services shortcut option.
16. Find the DNS Client, Function SSDP Discovery, Function Discovery Resource Publication, and UPnP Device Host service on the menu list.
17. You need to right-click on it and choose the Properties option.
18. It is located on the prompt menu.
19. In case the services begin, then you have to stop it by pressing on the Stop option.
20. It is located at the end of the display.
21. In case it gets stopped, then you need to leave that option as it is.
22. Ensure that the option is given below the Startup type option.
23. This option is located in the service properties menu.
24. You need to change the option to Automatic.
25. Verify the prompt boxes which you will get while adjusting the startup type.
26. Press on the Start option.
27. It is located at the end of the screen before you close the window.
More To Read
- How to Manage your Local and Cloud Files with ES File Explorer App
- Best Sci-Fi Shows and Movies to Watch on Netflix This August
- How to Turn Off Automatic Image Download for Email on Outlook
- How to Install Beta Version of MacOS Catalina on a Mac
• Enable the SMB 1.0 or CIFS File
1. Press on the Start menu option.
2. Enter the Control Panel in the search bar.
3. Press on the result which is located on the top of the list.
4. It will launch the Control Panel.
5. Press on the Windows and R keys together.
6. Enter “control.exe” in the Run prompt box.
7. Click on the View by: Category option for changing the view by going to the Control Panel.
8. Press on Uninstall a program option.
9. It is given below the Programs option.
10. Find the “Turn Windows features on or off” option.
11. It is located on the left-hand side of the panel.
12. Press on it and go down till you will get the SMB 1.0/CIFS file.
13. In case you wish to find the box near the SMB 1.0/CIFS file is not turned on, then turn it on by pressing on the checkbox.
14. Press on the OK button to exit the Windows Features menu.
15. Start rebooting the system.
16. Check if you have solved this issue.
Billy Mark is a self-professed security expert; he has been making the people aware of the security threats. His passion is to write about Cyber security, cryptography, malware, social engineering, internet and new media. He writes for Norton security products at norton.com/setup.