Blog entry by Billy Mark
ISO files are made to compress files, and it is mostly used to compress installation package files. It is used to burn a CD or DVD, and it also makes some software bootable by a PC. Today we will teach you how to install software from a compact disk.
If you also have an ISO file on your PC and want to install a software or application from it, then you have come to the right place.
There are many ways to install a program from an ISO image, but the process varies as per different operating systems. Let’s get started.
Windows 10 and 8.1 allows you to mount an ISO similar to a virtual drive. After that, you will be able to install the package from there.
How to Mount an ISO file on Windows 8.1 and 10?
Step 1: Mounting ISO file
- Download the ISO file containing the software that you want to install.
- Now navigate to the file.
- Right-click on the ISO file and then click on the Mount option.
Step 2: Virtual Drive
- After that, the virtual drive will show up on the screen. It will allow you to install the program from the ISO.
- Now you will see a setup.exe file on your virtual drive. You may see a different file for installation, and it actually depends on what installation file you are using.
- In order to install the software on your PC, double click on that installation file.
- After that, the installation process will be the same as you use to install a normal program on your device. Follow the ongoing instructions to install the application to your computer.
Step 3: Eject the Virtual Drive from Your PC
When the installation process completes, close the installation setup. Now go to My Computer on your device and then right-click on the virtual disk. After that, tap the ‘Eject’ button. Now your drive will be safely removed from your PC. The downloaded ISO file still exists in your Downloads folder. It was a short tutorial on how to access data inside an ISO file. You can also use WinRAR extractor to extract the ISO file into a normal one. After decompressing you will be able to use the installation setup wizard normally.
More To Read
- Best Sci-Fi Shows and Movies to Watch on Netflix This August
- Matrix Returns to Theaters for Its 20th Anniversary
- Step by Step Guide for Cleaning Windows 10
- How to Create a Shortcut to a Website on Your Desktop?
How to extract or Unpack an ISO file on Windows 10, 7, 8?
- Download and install MagicISO tool for decompressing the ISO files on your PC.
- After that, run the software and browse the ISO file from there.
- Now choose a directory or a folder in which you want to unpack the ISO file.
- Now check the box next to the “all files.”
- Hit the OK button.
Billy Mark is a self-professed security expert; he has been making the people aware of the security threats. His passion is to write about Cyber security, cryptography, malware, social engineering, internet and new media. He writes for Norton security products at norton.com/setup.