Blog entry by Lucia Mandela
Sharing is not only caring; it’s rather productive these days. Family Sharing is an incredible outcome of the Apple world that allows the shared access of up to six family members (including you) to superb Apple services. That said, you can also look for a phone if somebody loses it in the family.
Reminders App is a unique piece that helps Apple users to keep their tasks on track. It aids in managing tasks and time by keeping suitable alerts and maintaining your everyday to-dos. You can simply add chores and their reminders to keep your work, fun and life tasks on point. Once you start using the app, you won’t find it challenging to get the hang of it. You can create a grocery list, or remember birthdays, or even jot down your short and long-time goals- all using the single app.
Now, when we link a task management app to sharing, ease comes as the most obvious outcome. You can very easily send your lists, tasks and alerts from the Reminders app to the five people in your house, via Family Sharing. Wanna know how? Give this article a quick read.
Working Of Family Sharing
When you share Reminders to five people in your family, you take a step forward to make your family more organized than before. How? There are some tasks that require the attention of your complete family. Some of these include grocery shopping, paying bills, feeding the dog, watering plants, maintaining a monthly budget, and remembering anniversaries. If such lists and tasks could be shared with the ease of an app, the house would automatically benefit. Yes, Family Sharing and Reminders apps can make this possible.
Adding Tasks To Family List
The steps are straightforward and easy to follow.
- Open the Reminders app on your iPad or iPhone.
- Hit on Family. You will find it on the main list.
- Can you find the plus sign somewhere on the left? Well, that’s what you have to hit to click on the New Reminder icon. Create the reminder that you wish to share
- Once done, you can hit Done. There you go.
Once you enable the Family Sharing option, you will be able to create a Family list automatically. Thus, creating a family list would not be any different from creating a general list.
See Who All Are There In The List
Make sure you don’t miss out on anyone in your family. Follow the below-listed steps:
1) Click on Family in the Reminders.
2) Click on the three-dotted icon somewhere in the upper right.
3) Click on the View Participants option to view all the names added.
4) Simply add or delete the participants as per your choice.
Deleting A Family List
Just as adding a family list is easy, deleting a list too is not so complicated. Go through the following steps:
- Open the main list view and hit on Family in the Reminders application.
- Look at the upper right of the screen and click on the three-dotted icon.
- Simply, click on Delete List. The app will ask for your confirmation. Confirm by tapping on Delete again.
One thing to keep in mind here is that once you delete the family list, all the family reminders scheduled for the future will also be deleted automatically. Make sure you note them down somewhere.
I’m Marco Nixon. I am a specialist in information security and digital forensics with over 5+ years of experience. Expert with a wide variety of security, networking, and operating system software. I’m interested to write about Cybersecurity, malware, the internet, and new media. He writes for office security products at office.com/setup.