Blog entry by Billy Mark
Text messages shared from phones are usually very private. So for hiding your personal information on your iPhone, you need to go through the given below steps carefully.
The method of turning off the Lock Screen Message Preview
Luckily, it can be disabled from the Settings menu.
- Firstly, view the Settings application.
- Then, visit the Notifications.
- After that, press on Messages.
- Next, move downwards.
- Then, search the Include part.
- Note that the Include option is enabled by default. Press on it for disabling it.
- Then, request an individual to send a message to you.
- After that, lock the iPhone.
- Lastly, check whether the messages preview feature has been turned off or not.
The method of turning off Lock Screen Notification
- Firstly, view the Settings application and view the Notifications.
- Next, press on Messages.
- Then, search for the Show on Lock Screen option.
- After that, click on Show on Lock Screen option for disabling it.
- The time you are on it, you might wish to turn off the Badge App symbol too.
Note: Turning off the Badge Application symbol option deletes the small badge which displays the number of unread texts from the Message application symbol.
The method of hiding texts inside the messages application using HiddenConvos
- For jailbroken iPhone users: Go to Cydia and then install the HiddenConvos tweak.
- After installing the tweak, view Messages and pull left on any chat that you wish. A new Hide option shall get displayed. It shall be after to Delete option.
- Then, press on it. It shall make the chat vanish without letting it get deleted.
- For making it display, you need to click on the Edit and, then press to Unhide All.
More to read
- How to Fix Images Not Loading Issue On Facebook
- How to Download Instagram videos on your PC
- How to Organize Your PDF Files
Some other apps for hiding messages
Having a Jailbroken iPhone is not possible for each. You shall be able to maintain privacy by the given below apps that have been mentioned below. So have a look at it carefully.
It can be called a complete package for maintaining your privacy. It comprises not just texts but also calls which are secured by the military-grade encryption algorithm, self-destructing messages, etc.
It has useful features which allow us to have access to the control settings and let your phone be safe. This app can be used free of cost. But the thing that should be noted over here is that majority of the features need an in-app purchase for unlocking.
iDiscrete is a bar where things can be stored. Over here, you can have each of your private texts for maintaining secrecy. Luckily, it can comprise of things like videos, pictures to messages, and so on.
Billy Mark is a self-professed security expert; he has been making the people aware of the security threats. His passion is to write about Cyber security, cryptography, malware, social engineering, internet and new media. He writes for Norton security products at norton.com/setup.