It is quite common for the Windows 10 users to face this issue, and it can lead their device to hang and freeze from time to time, interrupting all the essential tasks for the day. Every device has its downside, and Windows 10 is one of them. So, the reason for why you see 100% disk storage could be the Windows 10 OS only, instead of all the space your photos, files, etc. are consuming. Its operating system slows down the desktop and affects HDD and SSD in the long run. There are a few bugs in the OS that prompts it to behave this way.
Fortunately, one can resolve these issues manually, but you must know that the most common culprit for introducing these bugs is the latest update you installed on your device. So, we recommend you to check all settings and previous fixes before proceeding for the update as it can reverse the settings. To fix this issue, use the following methods:
Virtual Memory Setting
Virtual memory refers to the combination of RAM and hard disk space, and it can lead to the overuse of your HDD. When your RAM runs out of space to perform tasks, HDD takes its place to keep your work going. When required, the tasks can shift from the HDD to RAM.
Follow the steps below to reset the virtual memory to recover the performance speed:
- Open the System screen with Windows + Break or Pause keys. From the left panel, click on Advanced System Settings.
- A dialog box will open. Click on the Advanced tab.
- From the new menu, click on Settings. It will bring you to another Advanced tab named as Virtual Memory.
- Click on the Change button and remove the tick mark from Automatically Manage Paging File Size for All Drives.
- From the current screen, select Windows drive and click on Custom Size. Add an initial size and a maximum size in MB. Remember, the maximum value should not be more than 1.5 times your system’s RAM.
- After inserting the values, click on Set and OK to continue.
- Clear all the temporary files which include all the data used in the previous virtual memory allocation.
- For clearing the files, press Win + R keys together, and enter the “temp” command. From the directory, select all the data and hit the Delete button on your keyboard.
Tweaking the Windows Power settings can make a difference because the Standard power modes are more likely to bring 100% disk usage bugs. So, the best option is to switch to the High-Performance Mode, but it may lead to more battery consumption. To make changes, follow these steps:
- Press Win + X keys to open the Power & Sleep screen.
- Go to the Power Options.
- Click on Additional Power Settings.
- Select High Performance under the ‘Create a Power Plan’ dialog box, and hit the OK to save the settings.
If you don’t see the options, then you need to create a custom plan. To do this follows the below-mentioned steps:
- Click on Create a Power Plan and select High Performance.
- Add a name for the plan and make settings as per your preferences.
In a few minutes, the ‘100% disk usage’ issue will be resolved.
Install SATA Drivers
Windows 10 uses SATA drivers to connect to HDD and SSD, and an un-updated SATA driver can result in the ‘100% disk usage’ issue on your desktop. Follow these steps to resolve or prevent this issue:
- Press the Win + X keys to open the Power User menu.
- Select Driver Manager and click on Storage Controllers.
- Select the appropriate controller for your SATA devices. If you’re unsure about this step, then give a right-click on each controller and select Update driver.
- Select the Browse My Computer for Driver Software option, and select Let Me Pick from a List of Available Drivers On My Computer.
- From the new set of options, select Standard AHCI Controller and check if there is any change in the performance.
- If you don’t find any changes, reboot your desktop to apply the settings you made.
If none of the above-mentioned methods works for you, then your drive could be the reason for the recurring issue. Perhaps, it is damaged, defective, or too old to perform the tasks. Or, the problem could be related to the Windows defrag tool, and in this case, you have to disable the scheduled disk defrag tasks from the Task Scheduler menu.
Ava Williams is a Norton product expert and has been working in the technology industry since 2002. As a technical expert, Ava has written technical blogs, manuals, white papers, and reviews for many websites such as norton.com/setup.
Cortana is a reliable and convenient assistant on Windows 10. It allows you to do a lot of things like setting reminders, converting measurements, scheduling calendar events and calculating math issues, etc. But sometimes, this virtual assistant may not work. If Cortana is not working on your Windows 10 device, then read the solutions mentioned below.
Change the Region
You should pursue on-screen directions given below:
- Launch the Settings application on your system by hitting the Windows and I keys.
- After that, select the section of ‘Time & Language.’
- Go to the left side menu and select the ‘Region & language’ option.
- Then reach the right-side panel and set the ‘Country or region’ to the ‘United States.’
Check the Firewall
You should pursue on-screen directions given below:
- Navigate to the Search section, input ‘firewall’ into it and hit the Enter key.
- Then launch the ‘Allow an app through Windows Firewall’ screen.
- Once you reach the ‘Allowed Apps’ screen, select the Change Settings option.
- You should find each Cortana feature in the ‘Allowed apps and features’ and select each one of them.
- Now, select the OK button.
Make a New Account of User
You should pursue on-screen directions given below:
- Go to the Settings application and choose the section of Accounts.
- Thereafter, select the section of ‘Family & other people’ in the left-hand side pane.
- You have to choose the ‘Add someone else to this PC’ option.
- Select the ‘I don’t have this person’s sign-in information’ option.
- You will be asked to log in to MS account, select the ‘Add a user without a Microsoft account’ option.
- Now, input the preferred username and select the Next button.
- Follow the on-screen directions and add a new account.
Run DISM and SFC Scans
You should pursue on-screen directions given below:
- Hold the Windows and X buttons to launch the Win + X menu.
- Then select the PowerShell or Command Prompt option.
- In the Command Prompts, input ‘sfc /scannow’ and hit the Enter key.
- Now, the scanning procedure will begin, and it will take a minimum of 15 minutes.
Perform Chkdsk Scan
You should pursue on-screen directions given below:
- Launch the Command Prompt as administrator on your system.
- After that, input ‘chkdsk /f X:’ command.
- Make sure to change X with the letter that signifies the PC drive.
- Hit the Y button and reboot the system.
By following the solutions mentioned above, you will be able to fix the Cortana not working issue. In case the solutions don’t work, then try updating your Windows 10 device.
Ava Williams a self-professed security expert; he has been making the people aware of the security threats. His passion is to write about Cyber security, cryptography, malware, social engineering, internet and new media. He writes for Norton security products at norton.com/setup.
Windows 10 is one of the most preferred and reliable operating systems released by Microsoft, and it is used by a lot of users all over the world. It is built with high quality and includes various useful functionalities that it offers to its users. But, like any other software, it also has some issues, and errors do occur in this operating system as well. And there is one such issue that a lot of users are facing these days more frequently. A lot of users are reporting a black screen issue with their computers running Windows 10. This is the most annoying and frustrating problem that can affect your work. Well, now it has become a common issue that anyone can quickly solve. Are you also a user of Windows 10 and facing black screen issues with it but don’t know how to fix this issue?
We understand your problem, and that is why we have come up with a solution to fix it. If you are also facing the black screen issue on Windows 10, there is a way to fix it. So, stop stressing yourself because here, in our following article, we are going to provide you with the methods to resolve this problem. To get to the techniques, you need to keep reading the article.
The Methods to Resolve the Black Screen Issues on Windows 10
Getting a black screen on Windows 10 is a common problem that anyone can fix with ease. The reasons for this issue can be various. And along with fixing this problem, it is also essential to understand its causes. It might be due to the software or display driver related issue. Or it can again happen during the installation process of any feature update associated with the Windows. Whatever the reason is, this report is going to show you the ways through which you can fix this issue of black screen on Windows 10. So, now, without holding anymore, let’s get you to the methods. Take a look below:
The Steps to Fix Black Screen Issue in Windows 10
Given below are the steps that will help you to solve the problem. Here, we have mentioned two different methods to solve the black screen issue on Windows 10. So, let’s start with the first method.
- To fix the black screen issue according to the first method, power off your computer system entirely by holding the power button for a few seconds. And if you are using a laptop, then you can try removing the battery as well.
- Now, try removing all the unnecessary peripherals that include the external hard drive, printer, network cable, and all others that you use except mouse, monitor, and keyboard.
- After a few minutes, turn on your computer system. And if you see the Windows running fine on your computer, then you can work peacefully now. And wait for a few minutes for the completion of the Windows 10 installation process.
- And if the problem continues, then you can try reinstalling the Windows 10 update once again. This might solve the issue.
In case, if even after following the method as mentioned above, the problem continues, then you can try this other method. Let’s see the second way that might solve this issue.
If you are getting this issue after logging into your computer system, then it might be due to an error in the Windows Explorer. In that case, you need to try these steps:
- Go to your desktop screen and hit a combination of keys that include Ctrl + Shift + Esc. Or you can use Ctrl + Alt + Del. After this, you will reach the Task Manager window.
- On the Task Manager window, go through the option of “More Details.” This will provide you with a detailed list of the tasks that are running in Windows.
- And now, click on the option of “Windows Explorer” from the list. And then select the “Restart” button to relaunch the windows.
Or you can also try to fix the issue by restoring your computer system. And to restore your computer, navigate to the “Settings” section and then go to the “System Settings” and now, click on the option of “System Properties” and then go to the “System Protection” tab. In the System Protection tab, go through the “System Restore” button and follow the instructions displaying on your screen. This might take a few minutes, and after that, your system will start without any issues.
So, these were the methods that you need to follow to fix the black screen issue in Windows 10. Try these methods whenever you face this issue. The whole process will only take a few minutes but will solve the problem. I hope this article will help you to solve your problem. And to get more information and details like this, please follow us and visit our website.
The integration of DNS over HTTPS can be done with the help of testable edition into the Dev channel for Windows Insider. You may easily enable the DNS server over HTTPS, then check and test it by tweaking the registry section with “EnableAutoDoh DWORD.” It is a compatible part of Windows Insider software and if you are a consumer of a reliable and stable edition, then you should wait for some time. DoH is the short term of DNS over HTTPS and is used to assist in performing some specific tasks with ISP monitoring. DoH is the primary thing that restricts the ISP from following users activities by restricting various things such as default DNS Service.
DNS over HTTPS
It already works with the integration of various browsers such as Google Chrome, MS Edge, Mozilla Firefox, but you can easily implement it as system settings directly on your Windows 10 OS. In order to make this possible, you have to make sure that the Microsoft Account is a subsection of Insider Dev Channel of Windows. Then, ensure that the device is running with all the system requirements along with the Build edition 19628 or above.
Here is how to turn on “DNS over HTTPS” (DoH) on Windows 10. You have to follow the complete guidelines carefully.
Modifying Registry Editor
- First and foremost, enter “regedit” into the search section of the taskbar followed by the Enter key to proceed.
- Then, get access to the Registry editor page on your device and locate the under-mentioned path there:
- Now, move to the right-hand side section of the screen related to Parameters and then generate a fresh DWORD there. To do so, perform a right-click on any of the empty locations and move your pointer over to the “New” option.
- Then, hit the option “DWORD (32 Bit) Value.
- After that, you have to provide a particular to the DWORD as “EnableAutoDoh.”
- Now, double-tap on the DWORD option “EnableAutoDoh” and move to the edit window.
- Then, set the value as “2” followed by the OK tab.
- After that, the DNS over HTTPS will be enabled through EnableAutoDoh registry editor DWORD.
Modifying Default DNS Settings on PC
- In the beginning, tap the Window logo and R keys simultaneously to launch the Run dialogue box.
- Then, type the command “ncpa.cpl” followed by tapping the Enter key.
- Apply right-click on the synced network and then select the option “Properties.”
- Now, go to the option “Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) or Internet Protocol Edition 6 (TCP/IPv6) and then apply double-click on the same. It is entirely based on the edition of the IP that the particular ISP is using.
- Now, choose the radio tab for the option to use the DNS server addresses. Then, move forward and then provide the relevant IP addresses.
- Then, press the OK tab to proceed and exit from all the expanded windows.
- Finally, restart your machine to reboot the DNS service afresh.
Adding New Traffic Filter to Port 53
- Launch the taskbar search and then enter “cmd.exe.”
- Then, proceed with tapping the enter key.
- Now, apply right click on the Command Prompt option and provide all the admin privileges.
- Tap on the Yes button once the UAC prompt appears on the screen.
- When you have completely launched elevated Command window, input the following path and then press the Enter key to Proceed:
- Now, you have to add a fresh traffic filter to Port section 53, and for the same, you have to run the Command: “pktmon_filter_add_p-53.”
- In order to understand the procedure of DNS and HTTPS and to monitor the whole procedure, you should begin logging with the real-time traffic. To do so, run the under mentioned Command:
“pktmon_start _etw _m real_time.”
- Once you have run the above command, the entire section of port 53 will be directed, and then the further process will execute to the command line.
- If you wish to test the EnableAutoDoh server which is not available into the list of auto-promotion, then you need to register it afresh. To do so, firstly perform all the functions directly from your system by typing the under mentioned Command. Ensure to detect the IP address with the URI template of DoH for the respective server that you want to add. Once you are fully prepared, then execute the following command:
- At last, you can verify the respective template that was applied and synced to the DoH server listing via the mentioned Command:
“netsh_dns_show_encryption_server/your_server’s_IP_address.” Now, Windows will configure on its own and use the respective IP address as DNS server and thus uses the DoH instead of traditional DNS.
Ava Williams is a trained office.com/setup expert who works with the development team with feedback from customers to make it to expectations. He lives in New York and In addition to his work, he also writes for his personal blog.
The latest Windows 10 update adds several new features to the Windows 10 operating system and also addresses many issues with new updates. Some users complain that they get an error notification when they are trying to update the latest version. If you are also facing the “Your Device Is Not Ready” error, then you need to go through this article. In this article, we have mentioned how to fix the issue “Your Device Is Not Ready” through easy and convenient methods.
In this article, we have mentioned five possible solutions to fix your device are not ready for it windows 10 version 2004 in straightforward and convenient ways:
- Update Display Driver
- Disable Memory Integrity
- Use DISM Tool
- Use VPN Tools
- Reset your computer
Update Display Driver
If you are using the previous version then first you need to update your driver. Updates can fix many bugs and error from the device. Always ensure that your operating system has the latest driver and updates installed on it, especially for graphics.
Disable Memory Integrity
Here are the steps on how to disable memory integrity:
- Tap on “Start” button.
- Launch the “Settings.”
- Tap on “Updates and Security.”
- Click “Windows Security” and then tap on “Device Security.”
- Now, tap on the “Core Isolation” option.
- Now toggle the “Memory Integrity” settings to disable it.
- After the above process, you need to restart your operating system and then check the issue resolved.
Use DISM Tool
Here are the steps on how to fix Windows update via DISM tool:
- Launch Start.
- In the search field type “Command Prompt,” right tap on the first result appears on your screen and then tap on “Run as administrator” button.
- In the command-line enter the command “dism /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth” and then tap “Enter” button on your keyboard.
- After the above process, the required files will be resolved, and then you need download and install Windows 10 version 2004 updates.
Use VPN Tools
Here are the steps on how to fix Windows update via VPN tool:
- Tap on the Network logo in the taskbar.
- Tap on VPN connection.
- Tap on “Disconnect” tab.
- The above process will work when you are using Windows 10 VPN settings. Now you need to restart your operating system and then check the issue resolved.
Reset Your Computer
Reset computer is one of the best solutions to fix any issue; it can repair all the problems related to your Windows 10 operating system. Remember that when you fail to resolve the issue by above troubleshooting options, and then you need to restart your computer. While restarting your PC you can lose your data and files stored on your operating system so first, you need to get backup of entire data and files from your device to another source like Google Drive or External driver.
Windows 10 has a lot of in-built security options, which you might not be aware of. These Windows Settings automatically save your system from any virus or damage. These settings were introduced in Windows 10, version 2004, and since then, they’ve proved to be protective. hqdefault These settings could be launched in three primary ways: from the Start menu, from the settings section, and the ‘System Tray’ icon. Below mentioned are the types of settings of Windows Security: Protection from Virus Scanning – There are certain hostile viruses that can enter your system and do some damage. Thus, ‘Windows Defender Offline Scan’ is capable of removing these viruses no matter how hard they’re to remove. Ransomware Protection – Controlled Folder Access, which is an absolute necessity for all Windows customers, can utilize this to ensure records, documents, and memory files from programs that look for access without consent. While it might be irritating as you will get invited more than regularly, however, it’s for your advantage. This component, alongside Ransomware information recovery associated with OneDrive, will ensure the documents can be recouped if there occurs any Ransomware strike. Other Protection Settings – These settings offer ongoing assurance, Cloud-conveyed security, the programmed test consent, Control envelope access, rejections, and notice controls. Of these, make a point to turn on Alter Insurance so no other programming can change Windows Security settings. Protection of Account Protecting your account from any harm is very important. Thus, these settings are related to protection and give access to some controls associated with the same. Protection of Network Networks are divided into three categories – Domain Network, Public Network, and Private Network. Keeping your settings according to these three categories that can restrict the allowance and access to external connections. These settings are built for Firewall and Network Protection to ensure blocking any random access. Controlling Apps and Browser These settings ensure the protection of applications and Browser to work under authority. Its online security consists of SmartScreen, Exploit Protection, and Isolated Browsing. Security of Your Device It’s a security highlight, and if your gadgets bolster it, you will get the opportunity to get to them from here. If you see the message “Your device meets the requirement for standard hardware security,” this is on the grounds that the PC shares both of TPM 2.0, Secure boot empowered, DEP, or UEFI Mat accessible in the framework. It offers access to: Center disconnection: Offers included security against malware and different assaults by detaching PC forms from your working framework and gadget. Memory respectability: It keeps vindictive code from getting to high-security forms. Secure boot: Itforestalls malware from tainting your framework during boot. The security processor: It gives extra encryption methods. Performance and Health of Your System These Settings give you an overview of the performance and health of your device. It shares the health rate of different elements like Storage, Applications, etc. Family Options The last segment is the Family Options, yet it’s progressively about teaching the purchasers about the component, and what they can receive in return. We have discussed Parental control in detail, and on the off chance that you gave kids in the house-sharing your PC, we suggest utilizing it. You can set up screen time propensities, monitor what is being searched, and permit your children to purchase applications and games. Windows Security on Windows presents you with a total combination that permits you to authorize the security parts of the PC.
When you start your system and suddenly its freeze, then it can be because of video scheduler internal error code. The error mostly occurs on Windows 8 and 10 because of outdated graphic card, damaged PC files, virus or malware affected, damaged Windows registry, modify hardware or software, etc. If you want to fix it, then here are some simple instructions: Perform Full PC Scan Navigate to the Start menu on your system. After that, input ‘windows defender’ into it and hit the Enter button. Then twice click on the Windows Defender to launch it. You should select the option of ‘Advanced scan.’ Now, click on the option of Full Scan to start the scan process. Fix the Registry Navigate to the Windows logo on your system. Thereafter, insert ‘cmd’ into it and press the Enter button. You should select Command Prompt and right-click on it. Then click on the ‘Run as Administrator.’ You have to input ‘sfc /scannow’ into it and press the Enter button. Now, wait to finish the scanning process and reboot the system to fix all damaged files. Upgrade Video Drivers Hold the Win and R buttons altogether over the keyboard to invoke the Run section. Thereafter, insert ‘devmgmt.msc’ into it and press the Enter button to invoke the Device Manager. Go to the left-hand side panel and extend the category of Display adapters. Then reach the video card and right-click on it. You should click on the ‘Update Driver’ and pursue the pop-up to save the update. Now, once you update the video driver, reboot the system. Install the Video Card Drivers Again Hold the Win and R buttons altogether over the keyboard to invoke the Run section. After that, input ‘devmgmt.msc’ into it and select the OK button to invoke the Device Manager. Reach the left-hand side panel and extend the category of Display adapters. You should click on the Uninstall Driver then reboot the system. Now, once you reboot the system, download the newest video card driver and install it. Uninstall Newest Installed Software or Hardware Navigate to the Windows logo on your system. After that, insert ‘Apps and programs’ into it select the OK button. Reach the list of programs screen and choose the menu of the installed drop-down. Now, click on the currently installed program on the system. Finally, go to the Uninstall button and pursue the pop-up to uninstall the app correctly. Upgrade the Windows OS Navigate to the Start and input ‘update’ into it select the OK button to invoke the Windows Update screen. Then look for available updates and install the updates. Noe, once you finish the update process, reboot the system. Source url:- https://williamsblogpoint.wordpress.com/2020/05/09/how-to-fix-the-video-scheduler-internal-error-on-windows-10/
Xbox is one of the best gaming consoles given by Microsoft. It offers you online and offline modes. Gamerpic permits gamers to customize their profile just like an avatar on PlayStation. Gamerpic is not compulsory to make a profile of players. Most users asked how to create and customize Gamerpic on Xbox One Windows 10? So, in this article, we discussing this feature, make sure to read them carefully. Here are the instructions are given below.
Make Custom Gamerpic on Xbox One
- Firstly, hold the Xbox button to invoke the menu of the guide on the controller of Xbox One.
- After that, move to the chosen to My Profile option by using the joystick upward and holding the ‘A’ button over the controller.
- You should choose the Customize Profile on the joystick then hit the A button over the controller.
- Then choose the ‘Change gamerpic’ option.
- You have to pick the ‘Upload a custom image’ option.
- Now, the file of the UWP Picker screen will show, then find the avatar and choose it by holding the A button over the controller.
- When you have to do, later crop it as you prefer via the applicable controls on display.
- Then choose the Upload option by holding the A button over the controller.
- Now, Microsoft will confirm the picture settings.
Make Custom Gamerpic
- You should click on the Start menu on your system.
- After that, launch the ‘Xbox Console companion.’
- Then choose the ‘Avatar Circle’ option inside the left side to invoke the profile of Xbox.
- You have to choose the Customize option.
- Go to the Avatar Circle.
- You should click on the ‘Choose a custom picture’ option, and it will launch the explorer screen.
- Reach the location of the profile and choose the picture then select the Open button.
- Now, crop the image via the mouse.
- When you have done, select the Next button, then choose the Upload button.
It is a standard practice to click on an app’s icon to launch it; however, there are times when it leads to issues. Stdole32.tlb error in Excel is such an issue, and we will help you fix it easily. So, here are the steps to fix the error.
Fix Microsoft Office 2007
In case you intend to fix MS Office 2007, then you can opt to follow the below-mentioned guidelines.
- Go to the Start button, and right-click on it. Then choose ‘Apps and Features.’
- It instant opens the Apps and Features settings screen on the system page.
- Navigate to the right-hand side panel and find the Microsoft Office 2007.
- You should click on it and select the option Modify.
- Another screen of MS Office brings up, choose the Repair option. Once you select the fix, choose the Continue option.
- Now, you have to wait until the PC completes the repairing procedure.
Uninstall and Install Office Again
The simple trick that functions the majority of the time is to uninstall and install Office again properly. However, simply uninstalling the program does not delete it leftovers from the system. So, you should attempt to take the guide of a third party utility that should eliminate all the elements of Office from the system.
Modify Registry Key Permission
MS experts recommend changing the registry permission as after modifying the registry permission of Excel, the problem will get fixed. But as a preventive action, you require to store a registry backup database. It will guide you to get back to the default state if you wrong configuration.
If the users are trying to export registry, then they should carefully apply the given steps.
- Go to the search section beside the Start Menu and input ‘regedit’ into it.
- In case User Account Control opens for the permissions, select the yes button.
- Upon launching the Registry Editor screen, click on the File option from the upper left-hand side of the screen and choose the Export.
- Navigate to the new prompt screen, input a name into the File Name section. Put out to the Export range at the lower left-hand side of the screen, too, as choose All option. Before leaving the screen, select the Save option.
In case you intend to modify permission, then you can opt to follow the below-mentioned guidelines.
- Go to the Registry Editor and reach the pursuing path: HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Excel.Chart.8.
- After reaching the Excel.Chart.8, do a right-click and choose the Permissions option from the list of options.
- A fresh prompt will bring up in the Permissions name for Excel.Chart.8.
- Then find and select the Add option.
- Navigate to the next section and continue to the “Enter the object names to select (examples)” field and input ‘Everyone’ into the section.
- You should select the ‘Check Names’ thereafter and select the OK button.
- Click on the Advanced option on the Permissions section.
- Select the ‘Change’ link next to the Owner field.
- You have to continue to ‘Enter the object names to select (examples):’ field and input ‘Everyone’ into it.
- Then select the OK button when you complete.
- Go to the Apply button and select the OK option on the Advanced Permissions screen.
- Going back to the Permissions for Excel.Chart.8 section, choose the Everyone option.
- Navigate to the Permissions field, tick the option for ‘Full Control’ and ‘Read.’
- Finally, select the Apply button and choose the OK options.
- Reopen the Registry Editor by holding the F5 button.
- You will view a fresh subkey beneath the ‘Excel.Chart.8’ in the Protocol name.
- Redo the over procedure for modifying the permission of the subkey. You should observe different subkey beneath the Protocol by the ‘StdFileEditing\Server’ name once you refresh the Registry Editor.
- Now shut the Registry database and restart the system. Look for the error once you begin by running MX Excel.
Remove Office Keys from Registry Editor
If the users are trying to remove Office keys from Registry Editor, then they should carefully apply the given steps.
- You should open the Registry Editor on your system.
- After that, a search of the pursuing path on the left-hand side panel of the Registry: ‘HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office.’
- You should view the subkey Excel, Delete it.
- Continuing forward, launch the subfolders ‘8.0, 9.0, 10.0, 11.0 and 12.0’ and remove subkeys for Excel. In case you locate a few issues during removing them.
- If you look at a verification section prior to removing, select the OK button in sort to remove.
- Once more to go to the pursuing path: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Office
- Remove the subkeys of Excel in a similar method.
- Finally, exit the Registry Editor and reboot the Windows 10 system.
I’m Marco Nixon. I am a specialist in information security and digital forensics with over 5+ years of experience. Expert with a wide variety of security, networking, and operating system software. I’m interested to write about Cybersecurity, malware, the internet, and new media. He writes for office security products at office.com/setup.
PDF is the most popular and used file format due to its documentation features. However, there are some users that complain that sometimes the PDF files show problems while printing, and do not print correctly. In this article, we will show you how you can fix PDF file printing properly.
How to Fix PDF files not Printing Properly on Windows 10
In this article we will show you how you can fix PDF files not printing properly in eight ways:
- Inspect PDF file is corrupted
- Reload Fonts
- Keep Printer Driver always Updated
- Print PDF file as an image
- Print Another Document
- Make a copy of PDF document
- Restart Computer
- Enable Fonts in PDF documents
1) Inspect PDF File is Corrupted
Here are the steps on how to Inspect PDF file is corrupted:
- Launch the problematic PDF file into the PDF editor.
- Select Files and then tap on Print and select the option to save your file as PDF.
- Now here you need to launch a new PDF file and then again try to print.
2) Reload Fonts
In some cases, PDF files not printing correctly can be occurring due to the issue of fonts. If you have created your PDF file documents, then you need to try reloading the fonts that you are using in the file and then check if the issue is resolved.
3) Keep Printer Driver Always Updated
Here are the steps on how to keep the printer driver continuously updated:
- Tap Windows + X key to launch the Win + X option and then select “Device Manager in the list that appears on your screen.
- In the “Device Manager,” launch find your printer.
- If you cannot view the “Device Manager,” then visit the “View tab” and verify the “Show hidden device” button.
- Find your printer and the right-tap on it and select “Uninstall.”
- Here you need to confirm your device uninstaller that is appearing on your screen.
- Verify “Delete the driver software for this device” and then tap “OK.”
4) Print PDF File as an Image
When your PDF file is not printing correctly, then it may be a problem with PDF files. To fix this problem, you have to check the “Printer As image” feature available in the Print window.
If you do not find this option, then you need to check in the “advanced menu” in this option. You can convert your PDF files into an image format before giving printing command for your documents. After the above process, you can resolve the issue of the PDF printing problem in windows 10 operating system.
5) Print another Document
Sometimes printing problem is also caused by the printer. In this situation, you need to check your printer settings and verify that your printer is working properly. Then you need to print any other document instead of a PDF file document to check your printer works properly.
If you can find the problem, you need to print another document that can help you find the actual issue behind the PDF file not working correctly. You can also use another printer to check the issue behind the error PDF printing not working properly.
6) Make a Copy of PDF Document
According to several users, you can simply fix this issue by making a copy of your PDF file. To do this, you need to open a PDF file that you want to print and select “File” and then tap on “Save As.”
Here you need to rename your PDF file, but make sure to you not to use any special symbol or character. Here you need to create a copy of PDF files and then try to print the newly copied file and then check that the same issue appears.
7) Restart Computer
There are users who suggest that restarting the computer can fix the printer issue. So first, you need to download and install a new version of Windows 10 as the issue can occur in the older version of Windows. If you want to remove all the cache, then you need to restart your computer to fix this issue.
8) Enable Fonts in PDF Documents
Here are the steps on how to enable fonts in PDF documents:
- Whenever you wish to print your text such as the PDF file, then you need to tap on the “Printer Properties” option.
- Now tap on the “Adobe PDF Settings” option.
- Tap the “Edit” option that appears near the “Default Settings” in the menu.
- Tap on the “Font” and then check the “Embed All fonts” button.
- After the above process, you can resolve the issue and able to print your PDF files.