- Which wife is buried beside Henry VIII?
- Anne Boleyn was heavily pregnant at the time of her coronation in May 1533 with which future queen of England?
- Think back to the old rhyme, still used by schoolchildren to remember Henry VIII's wives: 'Divorced, beheaded, died, divorced, beheaded, survived.' Who was his fifth wife, the second to be beheaded?
- It was not until the reign of Henry VII that tennis became popular at the English court. The king took the game up and as a result of his interest made a tennis-play at Kenilworth, and, in the next fifteen years, went on to construct courts at Richmond, Wycombe, Woodstock, Windsor and Westminster. Tennis formed part of a young Henry VIII’s education alongside hunting and archery. What were Tudor tennis balls made of?
a) rubber, b) pigs' bladders, c) dog hair and leather
- Write an interview with Henry VIII, choose the main topic of the interview based on one of the aspects of his chequered life.
- Write a sport´s commentary on a tennis match between Henry VIII and his rival.
- Write a review on a film, play, or book where Elizabeth I appeared as one of the characters.
Zuletzt geändert: Piatok, 18. november 2016, 10:04